TradeLog Tip: Customize TradeLog Reports

Published: February 10, 2011
Tagged: TradeLog Tips

Here is a tip to help TradeLog users customize the appearance of reports. Change the way reports view on your screen, adjust fonts, paper size, and edit the name that shows on reports. You can even have your Social Security number or EIN number print on tax reports!

All of these custom settings can be set in the Page Setup dialog box. To find this box, open TradeLog and then open a data file you have already created. Next click on the Reports menu, then choose Page Setup. A dialog box will open up with many options.

A few things you might ask:

  1. Is my SSN or EIN secure? Yes! These numbers are encrypted and can only be seen in TradeLog on your computer. Of course if you are still worried about someone getting your info off your computer - remove the SSN or EIN from Page Setup after you print the reports for taxes!
  2. Why can't I print a Schedule D-1 when using an EIN? This is because corporations do not use Schedule D-1! Check to make sure what form you need to be filing. If you need the D-1, then uncheck the option to show SSN/EIN when running that report.
  3. Why can't I change the font size of the Schedule D-1? We use a template that is an exact replica of the official IRS form, therefore we cannot adjust the font sizes. If your D-1 is a lot of pages, you may want to consider using the TradeLog Gains/Losses report instead. This report has all of the same information, just in a more condensed format. Many users provide this instead of the official D-1 and they report that the IRS had no problem accepting it.

To learn more about reports in TradeLog please see our User Guide section on Running Reports

Please note: This information is provided only as a general guide and is not to be taken as official IRS instructions. Cogenta Computing, Inc. does not make investment recommendations nor provide financial, tax or legal advice. You are solely responsible for your investment and tax reporting decisions. Please consult your tax advisor or accountant to discuss your specific situation.